EPMA is reponsible for the succesful implementation of environmental projects funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the Cohesion Fund, LIFE+ Programme, Climate Change Special Programme, Lithuanian Environmental Investment Fund Programme, Waste Management Programme and Environment Protection Funding Programme.
The main spheres of activity in administering national and EU funding:
- Announcing calls to submit applications for funding;
- Checking and assessing applications;
- Concluding funding agreements;
- Oversee project implementation: verify and approve eligibility of expenditures reported in payment requests, verify submitted public procurement documents, modify funding agreements, manage risks, on -the -spot checks; investigate irregularities;
- Data organisation on ongoing projects;
- Providing the information necessary for applicants, organizing information and training workshops as well as other events;
- Performing other assigned functions.