Environmental Projects Management Agency under the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Lithuania is a modern professional body which administers environmental projects funded by European Union (ISPA, European Regional Development, Cohesion Fund, LIFE+ programmes) and the Republic of Lithuania.
Environmental Projects Management Agency provides services to implementers of environmental projects in order to ensure effectiveness and rationality of the projects implemented and their compliance with relevant requirements.
The key activities of the Agency are as follows:
- Evaluation and selection of projects for funding;
- Consultancy and training of applicants and project implementers;
- Contract award to applicants;
- Monitoring of project implementation;
- On-site inspection of project implementation;
- Procurement monitoring;
- Verification of legitimacy of payment request and disbursement of funds;
- Prevention and investigation of violations;
- Data organization on ongoing projects;
- Communication and promotion activities.